Saturday, June 7, 2008

Who am I?





























No one, really.  Just a guy who sees the future of the world in the eyes of his children.  A guy who still gets all flustered at the sight of his wife's backside.  A guy who finds more joy in a pile of greasy old German machinery than he really should.  A really lucky guy with a wonderful family and a pretty good job.

I'm a guy who loves the feeling of helping my fellow humans reach their potential.  Just a guy, really. 

Oh, I'm also a guy with a bus.  Slower, less reliable, and without the amenities and conveniences that we've come to believe that we're entitled to.  Nearly perfect in all of its faults, the bus is simple and utilitarian.  Whether you like it or not, your life will slow down while your in the bus.  In a world full of frenzy and competition, you can't help but see yourself outside of the struggle when you drive the bus.  

This blog will be about my never ending quest to get my wife to understand why this thing is important to me and how I think it can better our family.  That is, of course, if I can just finish working on it long enough for us to enjoy it.  

Come along and watch the sitcom that our lives can be.  All the more interesting, at least in the minds of me and my 3 year old...because of "her" bus. 















No comments: